This Roasted Garlic Linguine with Oven Roasted Veggies is basically a farmer’s market in a bowl.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want farmer’s market season to ever go away. Ever.
I could seriously spend every hard earned dollar at farmer’s markets.
Like, I just want my job to be going to farmer’s markets every day and spending money. Especially someone else’s money. Is that so much to ask???
Just kidding. Maybe.
I love coming up with new dishes using whatever magical treasures I’ve amassed in a single farmer’s market trip, and this Roasted Garlic Linguine with Oven Roasted Veggies recipe is an easy-peasy way to do that.
As long as you have pasta, tomatoes of some sort, an onion, and a couple of heads of garlic, you can really customize this pasta dish using whatever veggies you have on hand.
I live in central Ohio and I’m lucky to have access to a summer farmer’s market pretty close to where I live.
One of my favorite vendors is Ohio City Pasta, which sells the most delicious fresh pastas, including the spinach linguine that I used in this recipe.
You can use any flat pasta that you like, but I highly recommend making sure it’s fresh. If you don’t have a farmer’s market with an abundant supply of pasta, you should be able to find some at your local grocery store.
How to Roast Vegetables:
Heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Prepare your heads of garlic by slicing the tops off, drizzling with olive oil, sprinkling with salt, and wrapping with foil. Here’s a good tutorial if you need help with this step.
Next, place your cut veggies on your lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, & pepper, then toss the veggies and massage them in the oil & seasonings.
Arrange the veggies in a single layer on the baking sheet and place the prepared garlic in the middle. Roast for about 25 minutes and remove from the oven.
How to Cook Pasta:
Heat a salted pot of water to boil and cook your pasta according to package directions.
Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and set aside, then drain the pasta.
No need to rinse the pasta – it’ll get enough coating from olive oil while cooking.
How to Make Pasta with Vegetables:
Heat a large skillet over medium, and add some olive oil. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the butter & oil, and allow to simmer for a minute or two to infuse the flavor of the garlic into the fat.
Add your pasta to the skillet, then pour in the reserved pasta water, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and toss to coat.
Add the roasted veggies and cook for 1-2 more minutes to evenly distribute the flavors.
Plate your pasta as desired and sprinkle with grated Parm to serve.
Finally, get in there and dig in.
You will love this Roasted Garlic Linguine with Oven Roasted Veggies almost as much as you probably love summer.
For the Roasted Veggies
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 10-12 small whole mushrooms
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the Pasta
- 1/2 pound linguine, fresh or dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- grate Parmesan cheese (or other non-dairy cheese), if desired
To Roast the Veggies
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line or spray a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle garlic heads with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and wrap them in foil, leaving the tops of the heads exposed. Set aside.
4. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and onion to your baking sheet.
5. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
6. Lightly toss & massage the vegetables in the oil using your hands or a spatula, and arrange loosely on the pan in a single layer.
7. Place the foil-wrapped garlic in the middle of the baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
8. When finished roasting, remove the vegetables from the oven and set aside.
To Make the Pasta
1. Fill a large pot about 2/3 with water. Sprinkle salt in the pot to season the water. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the pasta and cook as directed on the package.
3. When the pasta is cooked, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta in a colander.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and butter.
5. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the head and place in the skillet. Stir with a wooden spoon to separate the roasted garlic a little and infuse the oil & butter mixture.
6. Add the pasta to the pan, pour in the reserved pasta water, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Toss to coat.
7. Add the rest of the roasted veggies to the pasta. Toss and cook for 1-2 more minutes to evenly distribute the flavors.
8. Remove from heat and plate your pasta as desired.
9. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese or non-dairy cheese, if desired, and serve.
White mushrooms or Baby bella mushrooms are great in this recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g